Bartender/Server | Krab Kingz Seafood NOLA
Posted 10 months ago
We are looking for a professional, high-energy bartender/server with excellent communication skills to serve classical cocktails as well as exciting new beverages to our customers. The bartender/server will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend beverages, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed as a bartender/server, you should have a neat appearance and an engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Provide high quality service to customers.
- Greet guests in a timely manner and take orders.
- Adhere to all local and national liquor laws.
- Develop new (or seasonal/specialty) cocktail recipes and plan drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Select and mix ingredients, garnish glasses, and serve beverages to customers.
- Check identification of customers to verify they are of legal drinking age
- Attempt to limit problems related to customers’ excessive drinking by following established procedures.
- Monitor, order and restock bar inventory.
- Comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies.
- Process cash and credit card transactions using the POS system and following appropriate procedures.
- Maintain a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2 years of experience in a bar or similar environment
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bartender certification is required.
- Strong knowledge of spirits, wine, champagne, and mixed cocktails
- Working knowledge of standard drink recipes.
- Understanding of classes of alcohol, different glasses, brand names and garnishments
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, and bend and lift up to 25 pounds.